98 FS Inox
THE ULTIMATE PISTOL
It’s not an official title, but it perfectly describes the Beretta 92FS.
Selected by a multi-national roster of defense and law enforcement organizations, each pistol must pass a battery of more then 3,000 quality control check and measure that includes complete interchangeability of parts before leaving the factory… and proven in the field in countless defensive confrontations, the 92FS is in all respects the “ultimate”.
92 FS. A LEGENDARY FIREARMS
The most tested and trusted personal defense weapon in history.
The 92FS, designated M9 by the U.S. Military, not only meets or exceeds all U.S. Military testing guidelines, it totally rewrites them.
BERETTA U.S.A. RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY STATISTICS FOR THE BERETTA 9mm PISTOL.
- The average reliability of all M9 pistols tested at Beretta U.S.A. is 17,500 rounds without a stoppage.
- During one test of twelve pistols fired at Beretta U.S.A. before Army supervision, Beretta-made M9 pistols shot 168,000 rounds without a single malfunction.
- The Beretta 9mm pistol was the most reliable of all pistols tested in the 1984 competition which resulted in the award of the M9 contract to Beretta.
- Two-thirds of all M9 pistols endurance tested at Beretta U.S.A. fired 5,000 rounds without a single mal function or, at most, with only one malfunction.
- The average durability of Beretta M9 slides is over 35,000 rounds, the point at which U.S. Army testing ceases.
- The average durability of M9 frames is over 30,000 rounds. The average durability of M9 locking blocks is 22,000 rounds.
PRECISE, SAFE, RELIABLE.
92 Series Pistols are semi-automatics and operate on the short recoil, delayed locking block system, which yields a faster cycle time and delivers exceptional accuracy and reliability.
Each features a lightweight, forged frame made form aircraft-quality aluminum alloy.
All 92 series pistols feature unique safety refinements.
On FS models, the manual safety also functions as a decocking lever.
A firing pin block secures the firing pin.
The chamber loaded indicator is visible or can be felt by touch.
FOUR OPERATING SYSTEMS.
Beretta offers a choice of four operating systems, each with specific safety options:
FS – Double/single action, external ambidextrous manual safety, decocking lever, trigger bar disconnect, rotating firing pin striker, firing pin block device.
DS – Double/single action, external ambidextrous manual safety, trigger bar disconnect, rotating firing pin striker, firing pin block device.
D – Double action only with no safety lever (“slick slide”), firing pin block device.
G – Double/single action, external ambidextrous decocking lever, rotating firing pin striker, trigger bar disconnect, firing pin block device.
All models feature a “chamber loaded” indicator.
Barrel length (mm) 125
Barrel length (in) 4.9
Caliber 9×21 IMI
Overall heigth (mm) 140
Overall heigth (in) 5.51
Overall length (mm) 217
Overall length (in) 8.5
Overall width (mm) 38
Overall width (in) 1.5
Weight unloaded (g) 945
Weight unloaded (OZ) 33.3